This little girl is really something! Her personality comes out more and more. She talks SO MUCH!! I wish we knew what she was saying!
Today was the first day that I can say she was her goofy self around some of the other people in our group. In the bus today, on the way to shopping, she was singing again...really loud! One of the guides said that the song she was singing in Chinese is kind of like the part of our ABC song where you say, "Now I know my ABCs".
| Liwan Market/Mall |
After we shopped for a while she kept repeating something over and over. Never getting annoyed that we didn't understand, just kept babbling. She would say, "Baba blah, blah, blah, Mama, blah, blah, blah, YuYao, blah, blah, blah." A little while later I told Dusty that we better get some lunch because it was past lunch time. So I said the word food in Chinese and Lila did her one head shake forward! We stopped in one more store and her babbling continued and I asked the lady who worked in the store what she said and she said she was saying, "Baba's hungry, Mama's hungry and YuYao's hungry!" Poor thing was saying that she was hungry even before I asked!!
She has said "please" in English, "shower", "bye-bye", "soda", "hi", "hey!". Probably more, but I can't remember! "Please" is probably the most current and sort of sounds like please. =) We also taught her "high five"! She's been High-fiving all night! She also repeated "no" like how I say it: "No-wah" She only repeated that once. We know how to say thank you in Chinese and we tell her to say "thank you mama, or thank you baba" when we do something for her. She says it and it's so sweet!
She still hates having a bath or shower, we've tried all variations. But as soon as she's out, she stops crying and is ready for some LOTION!! She LOVES lotion and will keep putting more until you put an end to it!
Lila fell asleep on our ride back from shopping. I carried her up to the room and laid her down on the bed and she stayed asleep nicely. (which Ty and Ava never did). A little later we had to wake her up because we were meeting all the other families in the lobby for a group picture. She was NOT happy that we woke her up and was quite cranky. After the group picture many of us went out to dinner together. Oh, Lila...the picky eater. Hopefully she'll realize there's a bunch of good food out there that she needs to give a chance. Actually, she will try some things...but if she doesn't like it...out it goes! Anytime we are feeding Lila, we have to have plenty of napkins nearby! She used to just spit it out and let it fall on her or the ground...I've taught her if she wants to spit it out to let me know and I'll get it with the napkin OR she can put it on a napkin or her dish. Come to think of it, I'm not sure how I taught her that, just by showing her, I think!
She loves to drink out of her own water bottle. Then we have to help her open it and close it a million times!
She's sleeping pretty good. She wakes up at least once usually and kind of whines. I just hold her for a little bit and then lay her back down and she goes right back to sleep. Last night she woke up more than normal...probably a few times a least. I'm not sure she would do it at all if she was on more of a normal schedule, but it's been different every day. The reason I say that is because she has gone a night without waking up, but I think only once.
I'm totally impressed with the people that keep their blogs up so nicely. It's everything in me to post in the evening! I keep it up for everyone at home, but also a keepsake for us and Lila one day. =)
I am starting to see her personality come out in these photos. She is so stinking cute. I love her Ào Dái. It's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLove, Mary
Love to read your posts. I'm jealous....I want to see all those smiles, and hear her voice...in person! Can't wait til Thursday!
ReplyDeleteI love her little outfits and bows with every outfit too! Of course, that's mommy dressing her! And the purse....well, Ava is gonna love playing with her and dressing up!
Love Mom :)
Well, it looks like Guangzhou is treating you all great. I am sure in some ways it is hard to believe that your time there is wrapping up. I know you al are ready to bring that sweet girl abroad. Praying for strength, comfort, and peace as you leave China behind. Lila is so blessed to be a part of such a loving, GODLY family. I know that the Rhodes family feels blessed to be entrusted with her while on this Earth. Thoughts and prayers to you these next few days. :)))))
ReplyDeleteI'm loving the sweater! That was one of my favorites I'm so glad it fits her. HAHAHAHAHAHA such a little stinker with the food you are going to have a time with that! :)
ReplyDelete