With great joy in our hearts and abounding excitement, we invite you to join us in our journey to bring home our sweet daughter from China to her forever family.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Another Gift!

Jessica found Dusty on Facebook...read below...

Jessica:
Dusty, are you adopting Sierra??? My family was there for 2 weeks this summer and we spent a ton of time with her. She is very close to our heart - our 7 year old even has a picture of her that he keeps in his room! We have quite a few pictures and even some video that we could send to you while you are waiting to go get her!!!

 Dusty:
Oh my goodness!! You just made our day!!! I just called my wife to me and let her read your message...we are so happy that we can talk to you guys and learn more about her. :):) We would absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE to see some photos and video of her. We have a handful that Sara has tagged us in, but we are always ready so see more of her!!! We are matched with her (about two weeks ago we officially accepted) and we CAN'T WAIT to go and get her to bring her home!!! You guys were there adopting? or doing mission work? We would love to talk to you guys sometime about going there--as we have not been to China before and would love some helpful hints! :):)

My wife's name is Alyson....we share this facebook page and she is really glad you guys are willing to send photos of her to us :):) from the summer. We would love to know more about her


Jessica:
I have tagged you in the pictures that I already had on Facebook. I have some others I will try to upload. I was trying to upload some videos of her, but FB keeps freezing up on me!

We were there on a a family mission trip this summer. I went to Shepherd's Field with a church team in 2009 and fell in love with everything about that place! So, our mission director helped us arrange a 17 day trip back there (me, my husband, & 2 sons).

Sierra has a very adorable and spunky personality. She loved playing with stickers (I think I tagged you in one where she had star stickers all up and down her arm) and also enjoyed simple crafts (we made foam sticker bookmarks and these paper chains with her). Her FAVORITE thing to do while we were there was this game that she invented...she would grab our 7 year old and lead him all around the room. (That is the video I am trying to upload...) He would crawl around wherever she would lead, and she would wave "bye bye" at everyone. She later invented another game with him where she would point where she wanted him to sit. He would sit there, and then she would point to a different place for him to sit. And that process would repeat for about 30 minutes.

She smiles and laughes a lot. She loved playing with our sons and also with a boy named Bill who lives in her house and is about the same age as her. She loves to sit in people's lap and likes to look at books. But she seemed to love the stickers better than any of the other toys/books. Definitely take some when you travel to get her!!!

There is a lady on Facebook named Annie Southard who was an intern there for 2 months this summer. She also has a ton of pictures from her summer there and problably has a lot of your daughter. You might want to send her a friend request and tell her who you are.

We are very excited for you and Alyson and can't wait until you are able to bring Sierra home!


Dusty & Alyson, I am having a lot of problems getting the video uploaded to FB, so I uploaded them to YouTube instead. I can privacy protect them so only people with the link can access them, if you like.

There are 4 videos - all very similar. The first one is from the very first time she started this "game." Second and fourth ones were when our youngest son wanted to get involved too. Third one includes her waving bye bye to her ayies (love that one!). 











And, lastly - this is a link to a video that we made of SF in general. Your daughter is in a remarkable place - this might give you a sample of the beauty of the grounds and all the love that the kids experience there. We compiled a bunch of our pictures for this, and she is in several places in the video:


 Hope you both enjoy all of these!

Jessica




Jessica,

Hey there, it's Alyson! I'm not on FB, so that's why I'm under Dusty's. =)=)

I just wanted to tell you how incredibly thankful we are for all of these pictures and video of Sierra!! I appreciate you taking the time to share this with us. We feel incredibly blessed to have so many pictures of our little girl as many adoptive parents don't have many.

It warms my heart to see Sierra playing with your sons, smiling, sitting on laps, interacting and especially hugging!! It brings tears to my eyes! It's such a gift from God to meet you ,who was just there this summer, and loving on our sweet girl!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!



Just in case you wanted to follow our journey...here's our blog.
www.intoducinglilalove.blogspot.com


I'm so happy to hear that you're impressed with SFCV! That helps put our minds at ease. We can't wait to go!


Love,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment